Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Write Shop Storybuilders










http://www.writeshop.com/

Do you have a beginning writer? Or maybe a reluctant writer? You may want to check out WriteShop's Storybuilders. This product is a gentle approach to teaching writing skills to your beginning writer. There are 4 different themed Storybuilder products: World of People, World of Animals, World of Sports, and Christmas Mini-Builder. Storybuilders uses card decks to help jumpstart a beginning writer's creative writing project. In each of the the card decks contain 4 sets of cards: character, character trait, plot, and setting. You also get instructions on how to implement the cards. I'm sure you may be thinking that you could probably make something up like this yourself, but the cost of this product is worth saving yourself the trouble: the larger sets are $7.95 each, with the mini-builder costing $3.95. Plus they come in ebook format, which I personally love because not only can you reuse this product, but it doesn't take up space in my house!

When I went to use this product with my kids they were a little hesitant. My kids are not enthusiastic when it comes to writing, especially creative writing. They moan and hedge when I ask them to make up a story, but it wasn't so with Storybuilders. The cards helped to motivate my reluctant writers to create funny imaginative stories. Needless to say, my kids loved this product.

No comments: